Intermediate German 1 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of GER 102 and continues to cover grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of German culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- GER 102 with a grade of 2.0 or better or two years of high school German or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of intermediate German texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in intermediate German.
- Discriminate distinctive intermediate German sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken intermediate German.
- Pronounce intermediate German words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak German clearly and accurately with intermediate fluency.
- Integrate intermediate German vocabulary into sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of intermediate German grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in intermediate German through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of intermediate German and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this intermediate German course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the German language and culture.
| ||201||140409||Intermediate German 1|| ||4||Suess A||$12.00||21/25/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.