Intermediate German 2
This course is a continuation of GER 201 with a broader emphasis on speaking (present-day spoken German), listening comprehension and reading. Through varied activities, the main focus will be on oral proficiency and communication as the course will be entirely conducted in German. An appreciation of German culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- GER 201 with a grade of 2.0 or better or three years of high school German or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of advanced German texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in advanced German.
- Discriminate distinctive advanced German sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken advanced German.
- Pronounce advanced German words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak German clearly and accurately with advanced fluency.
- Integrate advanced German vocabulary into sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of advanced German grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in advanced German through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of advanced German and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this advanced German course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the German language and culture.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.