Early America - U.S. History
This course is a survey of the origins of American civilization: native American societies in pre-Columbian and colonial times; European discovery, exploration, conquest and settlement of the Americas; Iberian, French and African elements in the early Americas; 17th and 18th century English colonial development; the Revolutionary era and the founding of the U.S.; and Federalist and Jeffersonian America to the early 19th century.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear, factual understanding of the historical development of early America.
- Evaluate the human experience as it relates to the historical period covered by the course.
- Analyze the role geography played in the historical period covered by the course.
- Relate the human experience—using history—to contemporary times.
- Analyze historical evidence of the human experience/culture for the period covered by the course.
- Distinguish between historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Incorporate historical artifacts and other scholarly sources concerning history into their writing and research.
- Demonstrate digital literacy, especially as it relates to the study of history.
- Examine the multinational roots of American culture.
- Examine the formation and major provisions of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Identify major issues in the Revolutionary War.
- Identify major military issues in which the American colonies were involved.
- Discuss the role of the United States in an international/global context.
| ||151||111613||Early America US History|| ||3||Stegich E|| ||30/30/0||Open||
| ||151||111610||Early America US History|| ||3||Masters R|| ||30/30/0||Open||
| ||151||111616||Early America US History|| ||3||Berg S|| ||30/30/0||Open||
| ||151||112938||Early America US History ||Online||3||Aquila D||$30.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||151||216253||Early America US History|| ||3||Masters R|| ||29/31/0||Open||