Organizational and Facility Security
The focus of this course will be on traditional methods of physical security hardware, risk assessments and business continuity. The course will also explore and assess developing security technology and its application to reduce internal and external threats to business.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze the purpose of the risk assessment process.
- Determine how the application and techniques of security hardware can reduce an organization's exposure to criminal attacks.
- Identify an organization’s three lines of defense.
- Summarize how an organization’s three lines of defense can be balanced to optimize security.
- Evaluate the impact of professional security organizations and private security consultants on the security industry.
- Conduct a basic security survey on a small business.
- Evaluate established emergency management techniques.
- Analyze business continuity plans.
- Conduct a cost/benefit analysis.
| ||201||347655||Organiza & Facility Security|| ||3||Chapin J|| ||24/31/0||Open||