Introduction to Emergency Management
This course will provide an overview of emergency management as a career field, discipline and approach to dealing with all-hazards emergency/disaster response. This course will examine major disasters in history and concepts, theory and terminology associated with emergency management.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain terminology, concepts, and theories associated with emergency management.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities and the various functions in emergency management.
- Apply emergency management in tabletop exercises.
- Complete the FEMA course: The Emergency Program Manager (IS-001) offered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Characterize the evolution of the Emergency Manager.
- Correlate the resources, mitigation, and hazards associated with the Emergency Manager.
- Explain the incident command system.
- Compare preparedness, planning and exercises.
- Categorize disasters.
| ||202||347651||Intro Emergency Management|| ||3||Saffold J|| ||30/31/0||Open||