(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|047702||August 25, 2014
|122416||May 5, 2014
|122714||May 5, 2014
|132316||June 30, 2014
|140838||August 25, 2014
|142710||September 16, 2014
|142724||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
The Art of Being Human
This course is an interdisciplinary introduction to the humanities as an overall approach to living. The course involves the student in the philosophies, religions and arts as avenues of human inquiry and expression.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the art of being human beyond simply meeting one’s survival needs.
- Apply one’s inner resources and personal values for practicing the art of being human.
- Identify important philosophical ideas which have significance to the humanities.
- Identify the foundations for moral values in our culture as well as others.
- Exercise an interest in resources in the arts.
- Examine recognized works of art, music, literature and drama that are encountered during the course.
- Evaluate works of art, music or drama, utilizing the fundamentals of critical analysis.
- Express opinions and views effectively and responsibly in class discussions.
- Develop techniques for critical thinking.