Elementary Italian 2
This course is a continuation of ITAL 101 and continues to review the basic Italian grammar patterns and to build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the Italian culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ITAL 101 with grade 2.0 or better or one year of high school Italian or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary Italian texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary Italian.
- Discriminate distinctive elementary Italian sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary Italian.
- Pronounce elementary Italian words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Italian clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary Italian vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply rules of elementary Italian grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in elementary Italian through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare aspects of elementary Italian and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this elementary Italian course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Italian language and culture.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.