(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|123054||May 5, 2014
|123134||May 5, 2014
|133009||June 30, 2014
|133051||June 30, 2014
|143042||August 25, 2014
|143043||August 25, 2014
|143044||August 25, 2014
|143045||August 25, 2014
|143076||August 25, 2014
|143122||August 25, 2014
|143141||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
Trigonometric functions and their graphs, identities, equations and inverse functions and solutions of right and oblique triangles are the topics included in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 55 or equivalent with grade of 2.0 or better and
- MATH 113 or equivalent with grade of 2.0 or better.
- Note: Business and social science majors should take MATH 128 instead of MATH 119.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions using degree or radian measure.
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions involving angles in standard position.
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions involving right triangles.
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions involving the unit circle.
- Solve right and oblique triangles.
- Solve trigonometric equations.
- Verify trigonometric identities.
- Graph trigonometric functions.
- Construct mathematical models using trigonometric functions.
- Solve application problems using trigonometry.