Calculus With Analytic Geometry 1 (5-0) 5 Cr. Hrs.
This course is oriented to engineering, science and mathematics majors. Limits and continuity, derivatives and integrals of algebraic and some trigonometric functions, curve sketching with the aid of the graphing calculator and applications are the topics covered in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 129 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or minimum placement test score of 23 ACT or 103 CPT (College-Level Math).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Investigate the concept of a limit.
- Compute limits geometrically, numerically, and analytically.
- Investigate the concept of continuity geometrically and analytically.
- Determine whether or not a function is continuous at a point or overall.
- Investigate the meaning of differentiation geometrically, numerically, and analytically.
- Evaluate a derivative using techniques of differentiation, including the difference quotient, the power rule, product rule, quotient rule, chain rule, and implicit differentiation.
- Determine the equation of the tangent line using the derivative.
- Solve related rate problems.
- Use differentials to approximate related rates and their applications.
- Evaluate the derivative of elementary transcendental functions including logarithmic, exponential, and trigonometric functions.
- Graph elementary functions using calculus techniques.
- Solve optimization problems.
- Compute the area under the curve using finite rectangles and infinite rectangles.
- Compute the area under the curve using integration.
- Compute the definite integral using the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and Substitution Method.
| ||150||143082||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Lai H||$12.00||17/31/0||Open||
|M W ||06:00PM-08:26PM||BTC300|
| ||150||143103||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Bearden L||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||
|M T R ||08:30AM-09:59AM||BTC320|
| ||150||143104||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Bearden L||$12.00||13/31/0||Open||
|M T R ||10:15AM-11:44AM||BTC320|
| ||150||143105||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Kavanaugh E||$12.00||0/31/2||Closed||
|M T W R ||12:15PM-01:22PM||BTC300|
| ||150||143116||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Lazarski A||$12.00||14/31/0||Open||
|M T W R ||12:00PM-01:07PM||BTC165|
| ||150||143136||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Massarelli N||$12.00||25/31/0||Open||
|W F ||08:00AM-10:26AM||BTC320|
| ||150||143144||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Shields K||$12.00||2/31/0||Open||
|M W ||02:00PM-04:26PM||BTC350|
| ||150||143145||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Kavanaugh E||$12.00||0/31/0||Closed||
|M T W R ||01:30PM-02:37PM||JC111|
| ||150||123009||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Kavanaugh E|| ||0/31/0||Closed||
|M T W R ||10:15AM-12:50PM||BTC320|
| ||150||123019||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Yemets A|| ||14/31/0||Open||
|M T W R ||03:00PM-05:35PM||BTC300|
| ||150||123020||Calculus Analytic Geometry 1|| ||5||Yemets A|| ||9/31/0||Open||
|M T W R ||12:00PM-02:35PM||BTC165|
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.