Topics covered in this course include an introduction to variables, integers and algebraic expressions; simplifying algebraic expressions involving integers, fractions and decimals; solving algebraic equations involving integers, fractions, decimals and percents; ratio and proportions; applications using basic concepts from geometry; and introduction to graphing via point-plotting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 45 with a minimum grade of 2.0. Competence in arithmetic without the aid of a calculator.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Calculate sums, differences, products and quotients involving integers.
- Apply order of operations to mathematical problems.
- Solve linear equations involving integers, fractions and decimals.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Solve proportion problems.
- Solve problems involving perimeter, area, volume and the Pythagorean theorem.
- Translate English expressions into mathematical expressions.
- Graph linear equations by plotting points.
- Simplify expressions using properties of exponents.
- Simplify fractional expressions.
- Simplify expressions by removing parentheses and combining like terms.
- Simplify polynomial expressions.
- Factor Greatest Common Factors from polynomial expression.
- Apply the prime factorization method to Greatest Common Factor or Least Common Multiple problems.
| ||047||122954||Prealgebra ||Online||3||Bearden L||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||047||123017||Prealgebra|| ||3||Gueorguiev E|| ||28/28/0||Open||
|M T W R ||08:25AM-09:51AM||LA110|
| ||047||226059||Prealgebra|| ||3||Lai H|| ||31/31/0||Open||
| ||047||132454||Prealgebra ||Online||3||Kavanaugh E||$30.00||31/31/0||Open||
| ||047||236161||Prealgebra|| ||3||Lai H|| ||31/31/0||Open||