Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance with Inspection
The student will learn to interpret blueprints with emphasis placed on Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance with Inspection. This course will introduce national and international geometric standards of form, profile, orientation, runout and location tolerances used in the manufacturing processes. The student will utilize various instruments to check the accuracy of parts. Curriculum includes emphasis on print reading and measurements.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Interpret blueprints, including common drafting symbols.
- Explore the scope of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Perform mathematical operations with the use of a calculator.
- Determine the order for required machining operations.
- Measure using direct-reading instruments.
- Use supplemental precision measuring tools.
- Select the correct measurement tools for a specific task.
- Apply math to inspecting parts.
- Discriminate between the five classifications of tolerances.
- Explain the characteristics of form.
- Determine orientation of angularity, perpendicularity and parallelism.
- Prove location position on a part.
- Show runout on a part.
- Measure out for hole locations on a part.
- Measure outside and inside threads.
| ||101||115061||Geometric Dim & Tolerance|| ||3||Rochon S||$30.00||14/20/0||Open||