3D Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining
Students will use the computer to develop the tool path for cut 3D surfaces on CNC machines. This method is used in mold shops in the industrial operation. Students must have a very good understanding of Mastercam and CNC machining.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create a CAD drawing for machining purposes.
- Understand computer aided design and computer aided manufacturing applications.
- Identify, understand and use terminology in CAD/CAM processing.
- Review tool paths and perform required editing on a computer generated numerical control program.
- Develop sequences and procedures for computer assisted machining operations.
- Enter and edit CNC and tooling data into a Mastercam Program.
- Determine the correct tools.
- Set-up the CNC machine with the tools.
- Locate the fixture for a reference point.
- Produce the part in a CNC machine.
| ||211||125053||3D CNC Machining|| ||3||Schaffrath M||$30.00||10/15/0||Open||