Music Appreciation (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
An introduction to music, designed especially to increase understanding and enjoyment of music through intelligent listening. No technical knowledge required, but outside listening and attendance at live performances are required.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Characterize the elements of music (i.e., melody, harmony, rhythm, texture, timbre, dynamics, and form).
- Differentiate among the elements of music (i.e., melody, harmony, rhythm, texture, timbre, dynamics, and form).
- Characterize the various mediums (vocal, instrumental, etc) for musical production.
- Identify how the elements of music emerge during the historical periods of Western civilization.
- Compare the stylistic characteristics of the music associated with the historical periods of Western civilization.
- Explain the cultural, philosophical, and political influences on music in the historical periods of Western civilization.
- Compare music of the Western classical tradition with other musical traditions such as modern American popular music or music of nonwestern cultures.
- Examine personal perceptions of Western classical music in the context of a live performance.
- Provide a critique of a live performance of music from the Western classical tradition.
- Explain the extent to which the music considered in this course intersects with the sociocultural traditions of personal life experience.
| ||105||142913||Music Appreciation ||Online||3||Nissen J||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||105||141801||Music Appreciation|| ||3||Staff||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||105||141802||Music Appreciation|| ||3||Vanornum S||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||105||142939||Music Appreciation ||Online||3||Polot B||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||105||246551||Music Appreciation|| ||3||Renas K||$12.00||27/31/0||Open||
| ||105||121810||Music Appreciation|| ||3||Moss F|| ||10/31/0||Open||
| ||105||122317||Music Appreciation ||Online||3||Polot B||$30.00||7/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.