Keyboard Skills for Piano Teachers 4
This is the fourth course in the Keyboard Skills for Piano Teachers sequence; it is designed to give piano teachers the necessary keyboard skills for teaching advanced level students. The course will cover technical exercises, harmonization, transposition and sight-reading material using the standards of the Michigan Music Teachers Association, the National Piano Guild and other recognized testing organizations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate scales, arpeggios, chord progressions and technical exercises.
- Demonstrate how to teach scales, arpeggios, chord progressions and technical exercises through the advanced level.
- Analyze sight reading material through the advanced level.
- Sequence sight reading material through the advanced level.
- Develop keyboard harmonization and transposition programs for advanced students.
- Demonstrate comprehensive musicianship for late intermediate piano study reflecting state and national standards.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.