Piano Teaching Techniques and Materials 1
This course is designed for teachers enrolled in the Piano Teaching Certificate Program or students who have special permission from the Director of the Piano Department. This introductory level course focuses on the following topics: developing a professional piano student, setting up a small business, elementary methods and materials, supplemental materials in sight reading, harmonization, transposition and knowledge of professional organizations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain early childhood development as it relates to early piano study.
- Identify appropriate beginning piano materials for individual students.
- Demonstrate appropriate sequencing of beginning piano materials.
- Explain appropriate musicianship skills for the first three years of study.
- Integrate these appropriate musicianship skills into a student's piano lesson program.
- Explain how to prepare students for recitals.
- Explain how to prepare students for state and national testing programs.
- Develop a personal professional plan for operating a private teaching studio.
- Identify appropriate pedagogical texts and reference books for a professional library.
| ||247||111842||Piano Teaching Techniques 1|| ||3||Ascheri G||$25.00||10/10/0||Open||