Nursing - NCLC
(1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|145706||August 25, 2014
|145707||August 25, 2014
|145755||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
This course emphasizes application of healthcare informatics and medical terminology. Theoretical content will focus on healthcare technology, internet applications and evidence-based principles of nursing within the practical and registered nurse scope of practice as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Acceptance into the Nursing Career Ladder Curriculum for the forthcoming or current year.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Correlate evidence-based research with the management of information technology, including simulation and internet applications, as utilized in the current healthcare arena.
- Employ medical terminology in the context of this course.
- Analyze the nurse's ethical and legal responsibilities associated with the use of technology in education and healthcare.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized computer assessments.