Nursing - NCLC
(1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|115712||January 6, 2014
|115713||March 10, 2014
View Course Schedule
This course provides an introduction to computers and their use in healthcare. Technology and internet applications will be discussed and utilized as tools for the nursing student and nurse to provide optimal patient care. Medical terminology and keyboarding skills are introduced and reinforced.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Acceptance to the Nursing Career Ladder Curriculum for the forthcoming year.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the role of computer technology in education and health care.
- Explain the student and nurse's ethical and legal responsibilities associated with the use of computer technology in education and health care.
- Demonstrate effective use of selected computer technology and the internet.
- Demonstrate accuracy of medical terminology and keyboarding skills.