Nursing - NCLC
(1.5-4.5) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|135701||June 30, 2014
View Course Schedule
Advanced Concepts in Practical Nursing
This capstone course emphasizes application of the nursing process and critical thinking skills while utilizing evidence-based principles of nursing to care for groups of clients within the practical nurse scope of practice. Theoretical content focuses on advanced-medical surgical topics as well as issues related to licensure and employment for the practical nurse. Clinical experiences are provided in acute and community settings utilizing an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to clients with common cardiac arrhythmias.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with integumentary alterations.
- Explore the nurse's role in various disaster situations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with disorders of the reproductive system.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with cancer.
- Apply the nursing process and leadership principles to manage care for a group of clients.
- Establish techniques and strategies utilized for a job interview.
- Construct a career portfolio.
- Prepare to write the NCLEX-PN.
- Examine test taking strategies in preparation for taking the NCLEX-PN.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized computer assessments.