Nursing - NCLC
Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (2-6) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course emphasizes application of the nursing process and critical thinking skills while utilizing evidence-based principles of nursing in caring for adult, child and adolescent clients with mental illness within the registered nurse scope of practice. Theoretical content focuses on clients experiencing mental health alterations. Clinical experiences are provided in acute, chronic and community mental health care facilities utilizing an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain characteristics of mental health and mental illness and their relationship to the health-illness continuum.
- Differentiate between the concepts and principles of psychoanalytic, behaviorist, biologic, interpersonal and cognitive theories related to psychiatric disorders.
- Explain the nurse-client relationship including components, boundaries and responsibilities.
- Discuss the nurse's role in developing therapeutic relationships utilizing therapeutic communication techniques.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with anxiety disorders.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with mood disorders.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with psychiatric disorders.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with personality disorders.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with eating disorders.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with cognitive disorders.
- Apply the nursing process to clients experiencing acts of violence.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with substance abuse and dependence.
- Apply the nursing process to clients who are suicidal.
- Apply the nursing process to child and adolescent clients with pervasive developmental, disruptive and mood disorders.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized assessments.
| ||246||145714||Psychiatric Mental Health Nurs|| ||4||Smith L||$525.00||18/32/0||Open||
| ||246||145715||Psychiatric Mental Health Nurs|| ||4||Smith L||$525.00||11/32/0||Open||
| ||246||145722||Psychiatric Mental Health Nurs|| ||4||Smith L||$525.00||15/32/0||Open||
| ||246||145725||Psych Mental Health|| ||4||Smith L||$525.00||16/32/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.