Office Information Systems
Advanced Microsoft Word for Windows
This course is a continuation of OIS 165 and will focus on the advanced functions of Microsoft Word for Windows. Students will create and modify styles, macros, footnotes and endnotes. In addition, students will work with sorting and selecting text, merging and managing documents, preparing forms, applying special features, adding visual effects and using WordArt.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop tables using various methods of calculation.
- Construct documents adding footnotes, endnotes, styles, macros, forms, specialized tables, and indexes.
- Prepare merged documents.
- Apply special features which affect text flow, hyphenated words, auto summary and line numbering.
- Develop documents using WordArt, AutoShapes, and Building Blocks.
- Manipulate documents using Excel.
- Demonstrate essential business communication skills.
- Manage Lists.
- Construct documents using Forms with Legacy Tools.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.