(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|115901||January 12, 2015
|115915||January 12, 2015
View Course Schedule
Physical Fitness and Conditioning
This course stresses vigorous body conditioning through progressive exercises, stretching, weight machine and free weight use. Cardiovascular fitness will be emphasized.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Differentiate between aerobic, strength and flexibility exercises.
- Follow work-out programs to improve one's aerobic potential, strength and flexibility.
- Explain various fitness principles as they relate to exercising purposefully and safely.
- Ascertain the placement of key muscles in the body and how body systems function to achieve good health and fitness levels.
- Produce desired physical changes through training that are measureable.
- Perform various exercises in class to develop an interest and knowledge about training the body in different ways.