(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|125904||May 5, 2014
|145909||August 25, 2014
|145990||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
First Aid and Personal Safety
This course introduces accident prevention and care of victims using emergency-skill procedures. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for infant, child and adult and Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) use will be presented. American Red Cross Certification Cards will be awarded to those successfully completing the requirements.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform CPR and other life-saving techniques as well as basic first aid practices on a victim in need.
- Practice safety consciousness in places of work, community and in the home.
- Identify injury and illness-provoking lifestyle behaviors and how to reduce risk in those areas.
- Utilize the most up-to-date techniques, procedures, and reliable information available for use in daily, contemporary living when handling emergency health situations.
- Act with confidence in one's ability to render immediate and temporary First Aid of possible life-saving value.
- Point out the hazard of over-extending the amount of First Aid rendered to the degree of performing the task of the professional medical person.