(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|145941||August 25, 2014
|145943||August 25, 2014
|145944||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
Various methods of weight training for both men and women are taught. Proper lifting techniques learned. The concept of "total fitness and body awareness" is stressed.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate proper weight training techniques.
- Develop the "total fitness" concept relative to weight training.
- Evaluate the desired physical changes in the student's body that are measurable.
- Exhibit a basic understanding of human musculature.
- Correlate specific exercises to the development of specific muscles or muscle groups.
- Utilize safe lifting techniques at all times.