(1-1) 2 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|145934||August 25, 2014
|145948||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
Lifestyle Fitness - Wellness
This course will introduce the student through lecture and practical demonstration to the various methods and benefits of physical and emotional fitness/wellness activities. A wide variety of topics pertinent to the physical and mental health and well-being of the individual will be presented and practiced, providing the framework for the student to make sound health choices.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain how to perform exercises in a safe and effective manner.
- Incorporate fitness and wellness concepts in strategies that can reduce the risk of lifestyle diseases.
- Develop a philosophy of life that appreciates the benefits derived from engaging in regular aerobic, strength and flexibility exercises.
- Evaluate the benefits derived from proper nutritional habits with regard to one’s daily food choices.
- Evaluate factors that can affect an individual’s health status including stress, drugs, behavioral characteristics and environment.
- Develop a plan for healthy alternative behaviors to replace negative health factors encountered in daily life.