Bioethics (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course introduces students to a variety of ethical issues having to do with biology, health, and medicine. Students will be introduced to ethical theories and will critically examine various central issues in bioethics. Topics may include: end of life treatment, abortion, allocation of scarce materials, organ donation, the vaccine debate, animal rights, informed consent, justice and healthcare, genetic engineering and the meaning of life/death and technology.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate critical thinking skills with contemporary bioethical questions.
- Incorporate classic ethical theories with contemporary bioethical questions.
- Apply key concepts in bioethics.
- Explain the relationship between ethical theories, both classic and modern, and contemporary bioethical issues.
- Distinguish the difference between emotional and reasoned reactions to bioethical issues.
- Analyze readings on various contemporary bioethical debates.
- Explore the possible results of employing bioethical concepts.
- Discriminate the arguments for and against a variety of bioethical issues.
- Evaluate the ethical arguments put forth in bioethical debates.
| ||257||141911||Bioethics|| ||3||Pook Z||$12.00||22/31/0||Open||
| ||257||142902||Bioethics ||Online||3||Huston M||$12.00||21/31/0||Open||
| ||257||121903||Bioethics|| ||3||Kirschenheiter T|| ||13/28/0||Open||
| ||257||122311||Bioethics ||Online||3||Mileo J||$30.00||0/31/0||Closed||
| ||257||132924||Bioethics ||Online||3||Huston M||$30.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||257||112924||Bioethics ||Online||3||Huston M||$30.00||0/20/0||Closed||
| ||257||111909||Bioethics|| ||3||Huston M|| ||4/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.