Ethical Problems (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
In this course the student will be introduced to a variety of ethical theories as discussed by classical and contemporary moralists. The course experience also provides for an application of these theories to modern moral questions through a process of critical thinking to explore alternate solutions to present day moral problems.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain how ethical conclusions rest on basic philosophical principles.
- Identify classical ethical theories.
- Identify contemporary ethical theories.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the ethical theories presented.
- Interpret readings on various contemporary moral debates.
- Analyze readings on various contemporary moral debates.
- Incorporate critical thinking skills and classic ethical theories with contemporary moral questions.
- Distinguish the arguments for and against various contemporary moral issues.
- Evaluate the moral arguments put forth in ethical debates.
| ||277||141953||Ethical Problems|| ||3||Pook Z||$12.00||26/28/0||Open||
| ||277||141910||Ethical Problems|| ||3||Huston M||$12.00||24/28/0||Open||
| ||277||142727||Ethical Problems ||Online||3||Huston M||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||277||121904||Ethical Problems|| ||3||Pook Z|| ||22/31/0||Open||
| ||277||122407||Ethical Problems ||Online||3||Huston M||$30.00||2/31/0||Open||
| ||277||132330||Ethical Problems ||Online||3||Fick D||$30.00||13/31/0||Open||
| ||277||111910||Ethical Problems|| ||3||Fick D|| ||1/31/0||Open||
|T R ||11:00AM-12:20PM||BTC100|
| ||277||111911||Ethical Problems|| ||3||Fick D|| ||3/28/0||Open||
| ||277||112950||Ethical Problems ||Online||3||Huston M||$30.00||6/31/0||Closed||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.