Political Science Honors Studies (.5-2.5) 3 Cr. Hrs.
An opportunity for a student to explore individually, in depth, under the guidance of a faculty member, a topic, issue, problem or fieldwork experience pertaining to or within a government office, political party, interest groups or other organization that allows them to relate their experiences to the study of political science. This study arrangement will take place under the guidance of a departmental faculty member.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Successful completion of POLS 105 and written approval from the instructor and department representative.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Work collaboratively with political actors on an extended project.
- Investigate levels of political participation on an extended project.
- Analyze the formation and implementation of public policy.
- Complete a complex, long term project.
- Explain the role that civic responsibility plays in the American political process.
- Synthesize student experiences with knowledge to create writing that is clear, organized, complete, appropriate and well-supported.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.