(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Section Start Dates
|Section No||Start Date
|142100||September 16, 2014
|142101||August 25, 2014
|142102||August 25, 2014
|142103||August 25, 2014
|142127||August 25, 2014
|142150||August 25, 2014
|142152||August 25, 2014
|142422||August 25, 2014
|142448||September 16, 2014
|142719||August 25, 2014
|142736||October 21, 2014
|142941||August 25, 2014
|142955||September 16, 2014
|142966||August 25, 2014
|142970||August 25, 2014
|246039||August 25, 2014
|246095||August 25, 2014
|246096||August 25, 2014
|342130||August 25, 2014
View Course Schedule
This course is designed particularly for students in the career curricula. The course focuses upon a better understanding of human behavior as related to interpersonal relations on the job. Foundations of human behavior; strategies for effective human relations; fundamental skills of working as a team leader and team member; and ways of anticipating, preventing and coping with challenges of human relations are major areas of study.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify key concepts in human relations.
- Demonstrate improved personal communication skills.
- Evaluate your own communication style.
- Examine ways to improve self-esteem.
- Examine your own personal value in terms of ethical dilemmas faced in the work place.
- Explain the relationship between attitudes and the functioning of organizations.
- Determine constructive self-disclosure techniques that can improve interpersonal relations.
- Identify effective strategies to foster emotional balance in your life.
- Identify at least five ways to create positive energy as a way to build stronger relationships.
- Describe your own personal plans for professional presentation.
- Explain effective team building approaches as a way to deal with group conflict.
- Determine effective ways to cope with personal and work place stress.
- Explain the importance of diversity in the workplace.
- Compare and contrast the changing roles of men and women in the work place.
- Explore human resource management practices including interviewing and appraising employees.