Quality Planning and Team Building (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Planning effective quality systems including error prevention through team building to support both recommended procedures and customer satisfaction is emphasized. Students will be introduced to planning methods, Six Sigma Methods, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and new quality related programs used in process/product development validation. Control plans and teamwork will be used to demonstrate the dynamics of synergism in groups.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the purpose and advantages of quality planning and team building.
- Explain Juran's 'Quality Trilogy' of quality management and the influence of Deming.
- Examine the role of people in the quality process and the need for team efforts.
- Demonstrate basic team building techniques involved in reaching optimum team dynamics.
- Apply the basic principles of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Apply the basic principles of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Practice effective control planning methods.
- Apply the basic principles of Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- Explain the five phases in a six sigma continuous improvement project.
| ||107||145250||Quality Planning and Team Bldg|| ||3||Bell L||$12.00||18/24/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.