Sound Recording Technology
Basic Sound and Recording Techniques 1 (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Fundamentals of the recording arts, including basic audio and acoustical theory, recording consoles, tape recorders, microphone design and technique, speakers and signal processing will be introduced in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of analog and digital audio signal theory.
- Explain the fundamentals of acoustical and psycho-acoustical theory.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of transducer theory.
- Demonstrate appropriate microphone selection techniques for a variety of sound and recording applications.
- Demonstrate appropriate microphone placement techniques for a variety of sound and recording applications.
- Demonstrate the operation of recording consoles and patch bays, as they are used for basic recording, overdubbing, and mixdown.
- Demonstrate the operation of analog and digital tape recorders, including electronics calibration and common operational modes.
- Demonstrate fundamental signal processing techniques including basic equalization, effects, and dynamics processing.
- Demonstrate basic procedures for interfacing common analog and digital audio devices that are found in recording studios.
| ||121||145515||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Szajna S||$102.00||4/12/0||Open||
| ||121||145516||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||7/12/0||Open||
| ||121||145521||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||6/12/0||Open||
| ||121||145535||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||5/12/0||Open||
| ||121||145541||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Sager T||$102.00||0/12/2||Closed||
| ||121||145583||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Blau B||$102.00||6/12/0||Open||
| ||121||145584||Basic Sound & Recording 1|| ||3||Blau B||$102.00||8/12/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.