Introduction to Theatre (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
A survey course which examines all the elements of theatre: actor, director, playwright, scenery, costumes, makeup, lighting, sound, audience, theatre publicity, theatre management and critic. The course offers the opportunity for developing an appreciation of theatre and how it relates to the world.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the workings of each element of theatrical production.
- Distinguish between different aspects of the theatrical production.
- Reflect upon a theatrical production with new understanding and appreciation.
- Explain the connection between theatre and the world.
- Describe the different positions in a theatre production.
- Explain the key elements that establish the stage design.
- Describe the role of audience and critic in a theatre production.
- Discuss the role of publicity in a theatre production.
| ||101||142230||Intro Theatre|| ||3||Ewing A||$12.00||21/25/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.