An advanced course in the preparation of an actor for acting. Training in voice and body development with an emphasis on studying and applying the Stanislavski Method and the Alexander Technique of body alignment will be taught. The course includes presentation of scenes from classical and modern plays.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze characters.
- Develop characters.
- Demonstrate how to control vocal movements.
- Demonstrate how to control body movements.
- Use basic stage terminology.
- Apply acting theory to staged scene work.
- Create truthful characterizations.
- Create believable characterizations.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.