Advanced Processes - Gas Tungsten (2-2) 3 Cr. Hrs.
Advanced Processes - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding moves students to a higher level of welding that the student, as an employee, may find in a job. The course will cover welding of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum. This course will challenge the student to perform required elements that produce welds that would meet national standards. Proper fit up of weld joints, weld bead size, weld strength and appearance will be stressed. Lay out of complex weld joints will be another requirement evaluated in an ongoing process as welded exercises are preformed.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of carbon steel, stainless steel and Aluminum.
- Apply proper welding techniques to produce tool and die build up and repair welding.
- Produce precise fit up of pressure vessel weld joints.
- Lay out complex weld joints on sheet metal, plate steel and tube.
- Produce welds to specified size and strength.
- Demonstrate processes used to produce complex weld joints.
- Test pressure vessel integrity.
- Operate equipment used to produce material for required weld processes.
- Prepare material for pre welding examination.
- Determine proper welding rods or filler metal required to produce welds to specification.
- Acquire skills in repair welding.
- Distinguish the difference between the various grades of pipe and tubing.
| ||130||143851||Adv Processes Gas Tungsten|| ||3||McLean C||$289.00||6/15/0||Open||
| ||130||123854||Advanced Processes Gas Tungste|| ||3||McLean C||$154.00||6/15/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.