Advanced Metal Sculpture (1-3) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is structured around the advanced artist/welder. Emphasis will be on the different methods of welding, fabricating, and forming metal and how these methods are applied to the principles of design in sculpture. Students will have the opportunity to investigate alternative metal fabrication techniques and processes.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Design a sculpture using a sketchbook, models and/or prototyping.
- Produce a bill of materials listing all supplies required for an approved fabrication project.
- Explain drawings of a fabrication project to get approval before starting.
- Explore the boundaries of space, shape and form as part of the sculpture creation process.
- Produce a 3-D metal sculpture, taking into account material/subject/concept.
- Select the proper welding process to produce a fabrication project.
- Demonstrate proper fit-up of joints before welding is done.
- Solve problems inherent in surface preparation and installation of sculpture.
- Combine several different weld processes to complete a required project.
- Determine filler material required for joint welding to insure good sound welds.
- Determine proper amperages needed to perform a fabrication project.
- Operate fabrication equipment required for project completion.
- Examine the final project for any out of specification fabrication criteria.
- Evaluate the sculpture from a technical as well as an aesthetic perspective in an objective and conceptual way.
| ||208||143880||Adv Metal Sculpture|| ||4||Machnee M||$187.00||6/12/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.