“Participating in orientation activities has been linked to student satisfaction and persistence in higher education.” (Source: Student Affairs Functions in Higher Education by Rentz and Saddlemire.)
Thank you for choosing to complete your new student orientation online. (If you would rather attend orientation on-campus, please register online.) The online orientation is provided via a third party vendor; therefore, you will be leaving the Schoolcraft web site to complete.
Once you have opened the new student orientation, you will be prompted to provide us with the following information:
- First and Last name
- Schoolcraft Student ID Number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- E-mail address
- Date of birth month and year (MM/YYYY)
It is important that you provide accurate information so that we can update our records to indicate you have completed the orientation. Providing inaccurate information may result in an inability to record your completion of orientation. Be sure and complete the quiz at the end of the orientation! Your record will not be updated unless you attempt and complete the quiz at the end.
Launch This Orientation
- All information you submit for the orientation, including login information, is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Note: To ensure a secure connection, answer "YES" if you are asked to display "both secure and nonsecure items". You may also be prompted to accept a security certificate from TGSecure, which is necessary for this application to run correctly.
- Review recommended Technical Requirements