Orientation Leadership Application (PDF)
Benefits of being an Orientation Leader
- Paid student employment position
- Gain great resume experience
- Build leadership skills
- Learn more about Schoolcraft
- Opportunities to meet other students
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a regularly admitted student
- Must be registered for a minimum of six credit hours for both fall and winter semesters
- Must meet standard academic progress (Schoolcraft College Academic Progress Policy in the 2013-14 College Catalog, page 200)
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership
- Must exhibit strong communication skills
Orientation Leader Commitments
Orientation Leaders show new students around campus in small groups during orientation. They share tips for being a successful student and help new students through the enrollment process.
Fall orientations will tentatively be Wednesdays from 3-6pm, and Fridays from 9am-12pm in November and December. You must be available at either/both of these times to apply.
Mandatory orientation leader training will be October 11, 18, 25, and November 1, 2013. All hired orientation leaders will be required to attend training.