Charles E. Schell Foundation
The Charles E. Schell Foundation is providing students with loans that will be awarded to qualified students to aid them in securing a practical education that, without this loan, probably would not be attainable. Repayment of this loan will ensure assistance for other students to continue their education.
Students selected must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must complete a FAFSA application
- Michigan Residents between the ages of 18 to 25
- Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress policy (2.0 GPA overall and 67% completion rate of classes overall)
- Loyal to the US and its institutions including Army, Navy and Air Force
- Declared program of study (Police Academy, EMT, Criminal Justice, Nursing*, Culinary*)
*must be in 2nd year of program.
- Loan amounts will be awarded up to $2000 per academic year based on eligibility and financial need.
- Charles Schell Loan recipients will be required to sign the Charles E. Schell Promissory Note and complete Exit Counseling.
- Priority Deadline to apply is March 1, 2010 or until funds are exhausted.
- Consideration will be given to applicants with the greatest need.