College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Earn College Credit Through CLEP
Beginning July 1, 2012, CLEP will charge $80 per test. In addition, Schoolcraft charges a $30 registration fee per test.
CLEP is a national College Board credit by exam program available to Schoolcraft College students and members of the community. Students may choose from 35 CLEP exams offered monthly on selected dates. The CLEP computer-based test is a 90-minute timed multiple-choice exam. The CLEP Sampler can help students prepare to take the computer test and is available at the www.CollegeBoard.com.
By passing a CLEP exam, you can:
- “Test out” of a first or second year college course
- Get college credit for what you already know
- Save time while earning a degree
- Save tuition dollars
Anyone can take a CLEP exam. Individual colleges set their own CLEP policies and guidelines. It is the test candidate’s responsibility to consult with the institution that will be receiving the test scores to ensure that the proper tests are taken.
- CLEP registration and test date and time information is available. Contact the Testing Center at (734) 462-4806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional registration information.
- For more information about specific tests and policy, visit: www.collegeboard.com/clep
- For CLEP information for Military Personnel, visit: www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/military.html
- For information about the new College composition exams that will be released on July 1, 2010, visit www.collegeboard.com/clepcomposition.
Schoolcraft students must achieve a minimum scaled score of 50 recommended by the American Council on Education.
Testing Center, Livonia Campus
McDowell Center, room MC220
- Telephone: (734) 462-4806
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday - Thursday, 8am - 7:30pm
- Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
- Saturday, 10am - 2pm
- 2013 Saturday Closures
- March 2, 2013
- May 4, 2013
- May 25, 2013
- July 6, 2013
- August 31, 2013
- November 30, 2013
- December 21 and 28, 2013
- Mid-Winter Break Hours
- March 4th-8th:
- March 4th-8th:
Tests cannot be started within a half hour of closing.
All tests are collected at closing time.