|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ACCT 263||Computerized Accounting Using QuickBooks||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
In this course, you will gain hands on experience in setting up an accounting information system for a small business using QuickBooks software. This course will apply the financial accounting concepts learned in your previous courses using the QuickBooks Software. Using the software, you will create vendor, customer and employee accounts; record transactions in special purpose journals and the general ledger; create invoices; process payroll; create and print reports; and perform bank reconciliations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Prepare an accounting information system for a small business using QuickBooks.
- Produce a variety of output file formats with QuickBooks.
- Customize a chart of accounts.
- Create customer, vendor and employee accounts.
- Categorize sales, cash, and purchase transactions.
- Document sales, cash, and purchase transactions.
- Reconcile a bank statement.
- Process payroll.
- Prepare financial statements and reports with QuickBooks.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ACCT section of the current course schedule for availability.