|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ARB 202||Intermediate Arabic 2||(4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is a continuation of ARB 202 and continues to cover grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the cultures of the Middle East will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ARB 201 with a grade of 2.0 or better
- or three years of high school Arabic
- or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of advanced Arabic texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in advanced Arabic.
- Discriminate distinctive advanced Arabic sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken advanced Arabic.
- Pronounce advanced Arabic words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Arabic clearly and accurately with advanced fluency.
- Integrate advanced Arabic vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly advanced rules of Arabic grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in advanced Arabic through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare advanced aspects of Arabic and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this advanced Arabic course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Arabic language and culture.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ARB section of the current course schedule for availability.