|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|BUS 122||Advertising||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course focuses on the information and skills required to create effective advertising. The student will learn to recognize effective advertising and gain an appreciation for the challenges advertisers face in trying to reach target audiences. The course also concentrates on market research, media strategy, integrated marketing communication and the impact of advertising on consumer behavior.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of advertising on consumer behavior.
- Analyze the requirements for effective advertising.
- Compare the various marketing communication methods available to businesses and how they are utilized in conjunction with advertising as part of an integrated marketing communication strategy.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of the various media available for advertising.
- Identify the roles of the media planner and buyer and the measurement tools used to evaluate media choices.
- Utilize the decision making skills and tools required for the development of effective advertising strategy.
- Apply the principles and utilize the tools required to create effective advertising.
- Apply advertising practices in the global marketplace.
- Explore business ethics and social responsibility in advertising practices.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the BUS section of the current course schedule for availability.