|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CAP 265||Advanced Competitive Ice Carving||(1-3) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
Advanced carving ability incorporating joining, assembling and multi block will be covered. This course is for students who wish to further their culinary artistry by entering individual or team competitive ice carving events. This is an elective course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CAP 260 or consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify safe carving procedures.
- Demonstrate safe practices to the instructor.
- Demonstrate ice fusing techniques.
- Develop an original and achievable design template.
- Determine the exact requirements necessary to perform the original design template.
- Construct a multiple block sculpture.
- Demonstrate proper ice carving transportation.
- Utilize proper care and sharpening of hand tools.
- Apply advanced judging techniques for fused carving pieces.
- Apply advanced judging techniques for multi-block ice carving pieces.
- Produce a practical ice carving sculpture.
- Evaluate a practical ice carving sculpture.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CAP section of the current course schedule for availability.