|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CCD 140||Emotional Impairment||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
The purpose of this course is to acquaint students with concepts and materials related to the education of children with emotional impairments. The major theories related to causes and treatment of emotional and behavior problems will be covered.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
(A course to be taken in the same semester as this course.)
- CCD 216 if not previously taken.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Appraise the major causes of emotional impairments.
- Summarize the major categories of emotional impairments.
- Explain the major theories of child psychopathology.
- Discriminate between emotional health and emotional impairment issues in children.
- Summarize intervention techniques for children with emotional impairments.
- Outline treatment options for children with behavioral problems.
- Prescribe appropriate materials to use with children with emotional impairments.
- Verify appropriate behavior management strategies in educational settings for children with emotional impairments.
- Explain the Child Protection Law as related to mandated reporters.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CCD section of the current course schedule for availability.