|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CGT 154||Sound Editing for Graphic Artists||(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course provides an introduction to the basic concepts of sound production for computer and video based delivery systems. Also emphasized are the necessary hardware/software, sound recording and editing, file management and transfer and aesthetic considerations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply good file management techniques.
- Distinguish between analog, digital, and synthesized sound.
- Explain how sample rate and bit depth affect quality and download/playback time.
- Create simple sound recording with appropriate editing for the electronic media.
- Use the necessary equipment, hardware and software necessary for basic sound production.
- Create aesthetically effective sound elements to enhance an image sequence compatible with a variety of applications.
- Demonstrate respect for the sound professional, their equipment, studio set-ups, software, and training.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CGT section of the current course schedule for availability.