|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CGT 215||Motion Graphics 1 - After Effects||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course develops creative freedom and control for designing sophisticated motion graphics and visual effects for film, video, multimedia and the Web. Students will integrate previously learned applications into motion-graphics using Adobe After Effects and/or related applications. Students will develop an understanding of motion control and keying capabilities plus audio and visual effects.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- A grade of 2.0 or higher in the following courses:
- CGT 109 ,
- CGT 123 ,
- CGT 125 and
- CGT 155.
- CGT 208 may be taken concurrently.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate common computer graphic file formats and pixel /vector based graphic images with audio files.
- Apply the parameters of tool sets to modify image structures and object location.
- Demonstrate how multiple compositions can be coordinated to develop motion and transitions.
- Modify track hierarchy, masks and hierarchy development.
- Integrate 3D space, cameras and lighting into a 2D world.
- Apply presets tools to text and images.
- Compose image structures and live footage into a seamlessly integrated element.
- Create media that communicates a clearly defined message.
- Integrate composites and multiple media elements into a unified production.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CGT section of the current course schedule for availability.