|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CIS 180||Spreadsheet Applications - Current Software||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course addresses the use of spreadsheet applications as a means to solve problems. Students will analyze comprehensive problems and design a worksheet solution that conforms to established criteria and goals. Emphasis is placed on thinking through problems and using a comprehensive host of tools and features in a popular spreadsheet software package to develop logical solutions.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Prepare an Excel workbook.
- Format an Excel worksheet.
- Use formulas to obtain desired data calculations.
- Interpret data within worksheets.
- Create charts in Excel.
- Apply different templates within Excel.
- Differentiate between the advanced functions within Excel.
- Utilize Excel's analysis tools.
- Import data from the Internet or other sources.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CIS section of the current course schedule for availability.