|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CIS 211||Introduction to C++||(2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is an introduction to the C++ programming language. The student will learn the basics of the C++ language up through and including control structures, functions and pointers. This course is intended for those who want a general knowledge of the C++ language.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- CIS 129 or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create programs that use arithmetic expressions in C++ to solve problems.
- Evaluate C++ expressions.
- Explore making decisions.
- Examine iteration control structures.
- Construct arrays.
- Explore strings.
- Investigate using pointers.
- Construct C++ functions.
- Examine classes.
- Explore class features and design issues.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CIS section of the current course schedule for availability.