|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|CIS 215||Advanced Software Applications||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course is designed for students who have a working knowledge of the computer and word processing, spreadsheet and database packages. Advanced features of the software are developed building on a foundation of a beginning software applications course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Construct various Word documents using a template.
- Create a form letter and merge information from a data source in Word.
- Customize data in an Excel template.
- Analyze data with Excel's database tools.
- Apply Business Decisions with logical operators in Excel.
- Create forms and reports with related tables in Access.
- Enhance a PowerPoint presentation with advanced tables, charts, and animation techniques.
- Create custom shows in PowerPoint.
- Deliver custom shows in PowerPoint.
- Construct templates, photo albums, and web pages in PowerPoint.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the CIS section of the current course schedule for availability.