|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|EDUC 201||Capstone - Portfolio Preparation||(1-0) 1 Cr. Hrs.|
This course concludes the Pre-Education Program with the student's development of his/her admission portfolio for a prospective transfer university. Students will review their college learning experience as they collect, organize and reflect upon evidence that demonstrates their attitudes, skills, knowledge and abilities in the sciences, mathematics and general education areas, according to the requirements of the transfer institution.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the Pre-Education admission requirements for the student's selected transfer university or universities.
- Design a print or electronic based professional level admissions portfolio, according to the guidelines of the transfer institution.
- Practice interview strategies using analytical, verbal, written and visual presentation techniques.
- Explain the reasons for making portfolio assessment decisions.
- Present final deliverables: resume, business card, print-based or electronic portfolio.
- Critique final deliverables for peers.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the EDUC section of the current course schedule for availability.