|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ENG 100||Communication Skills||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course deals with a variety of written and oral communication skills. Students learn about the application of interpersonal and intrapersonal communication, including but not limited to presentations, interviews, collaborative work and technological tools as used in personal, social and career communications.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Formulate effective oral presentations.
- Develop collaborative communication projects.
- Identify types of professional communication that may use current technology.
- Construct interviews.
- Demonstrate increased perception of verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Analyze communication concepts in small group communication and writing.
- Identify steps to improve interpersonal communication.
- Identify the nature and role of perception of self and others in interpersonal communication.
- Assess strategies for initiating and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ENG section of the current course schedule for availability.