|Course||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ENG 116||Technical Writing||(3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.|
This course provides practical instruction in speaking, listening and technical writing for business and industry. Students learn to apply the principles of organizational structure, resume writing, job hunting, interviewing and technical reporting.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply writing process principles to plan and prepare technical documents.
- Adapt technical communication theory to manage technical information.
- Revise technical writing for clarity, accuracy, and readability.
- Prepare job application materials and employment-related documents.
- Conduct secondary research for technical reports.
- Collect primary data for technical reports.
- Use graphics effectively.
- Apply APA rules for citations, textual references, and source documentation.
- Design an oral presentation.
- Deliver an oral presentation.
Note: This course may not be offered every semester.
Please check the ENG section of the current course schedule for availability.